<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.26.2002

ROAD TRIP -

Well I'll hit the road to Vegas soon. Did you know that there is a Las Vegas New Mexico? Well fortunately that is not the Vegas I'm heading for. I'll be in Sin City for a couple o days, and aside from losing some funds at the blackjack tables, I will almost certainly pick up some new kicks. You just can't find good Italian shoes in Gallup, I'm sad to say. Looking forward to being around noise, lights, and people again. I'll never be a small town guy, no matter how long I live in one. In honor of this latest road trip, I'll higlight some of the more memorable ones of my past.

Spring Break 1992 (or was it 1991?) - There are rules to live by, and then there are rules to live by. Very high on my suggestions list would be "Never go on spring break with a recently ex-girlfriend, and her newly out of the closet (at least to her) Gay friend. We went Pittsburgh, to Boston, to D.C., back to Pittsburgh. Emotionally I was a pill, but there were some cool memories - Seeing a quicktime movie for the first time (At the Electronic Frontiere Foundation no less), seeing the messiest apartment in history (and no it was not my own), and seeing a very rotund Transexual hitting on our gay traveling companion. Ah memories.

N.Y.C.1994 - Went to visit Kirk, who was interning for a Heavy Metal Indie lable, and staying at the dorms of NYU. Got my first speeding ticket, and almost had my car towed by a very masculine meter maid, but Kirk ran down 3 flights of stairs, and down half a block and talked her out of it. I got insulted by an extremely funny and vulgar street performer, and had some random rastafarian tray and sell us acid. It was hott as hell in the city, and the subways were twice that. A great time that was punctuated by way too much Fruitopia.

PGH - Baltimore - PGH - 2000? This was certainly the weirdest trip. The purpose was simply to drive to baltimore, pick up a u-haul, and drive back to Pittsburgh - in one day. We ate at some strange little diner, great decor and food - and laughed a hell of a lot as i recall. This was also where the adoption of the "All Smoke" took place. 5 people in a car smoking cigarettes! Makes me proud to be free.

Indiana 1995 - So I had been dating Ann for like 3 months, and she invites Me, E, and Just Todd out to the Hoosier state. Who new I was meeting my future In-Laws? I'm still convinced that My father-in-law, who gets along just fine with your truly, liked Todd and E better. Of course they weren't dating his youngest daughter. Argued intensly about wether or not you could buy rolling papers at a record store. Turns out that in Indiana at least for a time, you could.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?