<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.01.2002

Hype, or why millionaires should not dance on television.....

I'm a huge fan of the sport of PROFESSIONAL Football. I make that distinction because I find while an occasional college game is interesting, trying to keep up with the numerous conferences, not to mention the joke that is the BCS National Championship is just plain silly. No, I prefer my football players just a tad more seasoned. Lately however I have become increasingly distressed with something that needs to be snuffed out of existence once and for all.

A starting Linebacker in the NFL is almost certainly making 7 figures a year over multiple years. The reason? He has the ability to stop the 7 figure earning offensive players on the other side of the ball. Therefore, when a sack is acheived, or a back knocked for a loss on second down, there is no need for you to shimmy and shake like you are at a freaking sock hop or fresh fest. It's been said by many before, but it bears repeating - It's your job to do that. People don't high five after succsessfully completeing a macro in Excel, so please don't give me the impression that you are surprised with your success. For 7 figures, I pretty much expect you to do that, so save your moves for your brother's wedding reception ok? And no I'm not singling out Linebackers, but I will say that Defensive guys seem to celebrate more often when there is little cause. And for the sake of all watching who appreciate the game - do not celebrate ANYTHING while you are losing by double digits. You look like a dolt. You are not bringing a new dimension to the game, and you are not auditioning for Dance Fever, so knock it off, and focus on being a professional athlete. After all that's why we watch the game. If I wanted to see someone shaking their heiny around I would be at a strip club, not watching you.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?