<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11.25.2002

RETURN FROM EXILE

What a brutal week. Sunday morning got up early, hit the road for Albuquerque, wandered into the airport, got my boarding pass, made it through security, and all I had to do was - remove my shoes, my belt, my jacket, oh and my dignity as a human being too, but that was easy. say around slurping Quizno's soup for a half hour and then finally was airborne for the trip to Florida. Got to hang around Orlando's airport for 90 min. waiting for a shuttle van to wisk me to Daytona (which was a very non rowdy town the 2 1/2 days I was there), and checked into the hotel. Some ESPN, some roomservice and a hot bath almost made me feel human again.

Things got better Monday, as I attended to the task at hand which was hanging ot with educators, to discuss how they are spending your tax dollars in interesting ways. I assure you they are very interesting ways that have been devised to spend your tax dollars, but as far as effectiveness goes, that's anyone's guess. A nice group meal and several gin and tonics monday evening made me feel even more human than the night before, and I fell asleep to the sounds of John Madden's incomprehensible babbling. - I awoke, however well ahead of schedule when a "ruckus" erupted in the room next to mine. Much screaming and slamming of doors, things calmed down after a bit and i fought off the urge to call security. That is until :Ruckus part II" happened almost 60 min. to the second later. A quick call to the front desk, and a polite transfer to hotel security, and an explaination of the domestic disturbance that seemed to be going on, and things quieted down much quicker this time. I have no idea if security intervened, or if all the idiots next door collectively passed out, but at least I got a few more hours of uninteruppted sleep. What I really want to know is, if the hotel was as deserted as it seemed (and as staff told me it was) why the hell did they put someone in the room right next to me? I mean this is a 16 fstory beachfront hotel, not a fucking Red Roof Inn!

Tuesday brought yummy breakfast foods, and a much more relaxed day of meetings, and a non-shuttle based drive back to Orlando, where I checked out yet another fine hotel (fine in that it was right in the airport). To celebrate (that is, kill time), I supped on charred groud beef and a 10 dollar Margarita. I slept VERY well thank you.

Wed. brough another fun round of airport security, though I have discovered that early morning travelers seem to be scrutinized just a wee bit less than any other time. Odd because there are a lot less of us, so they could easily be more thourough accross the board. The mind reels at the nonsensical nature of airtravel in the new world order. Another two hour drive home to Gallup, and a fine job of collapsing by yours truly was but a mere pause on my weeks agenda. Though I did have time to discover that while I was away my DSL modem died. This is the second DSL modem I have lost in less than 3 months, and I am strting to really HATE MSN for legitimate reasons instead of all the wacky conspiracy theories that I usually cling to.

Thursday brough yet another drive into Albuquerque, this time for two days of seminars on Dreamweaver and Flash. Nothing really grounbreaking here, but it was useful to get a refresher on the interface. Truly though I could have skipped the flash seminar, and not missed a thing.

So If I seem a bit foggy to you in the next few days, forgive me, I'm just trying to readjust to the routine, and get my head together for the big push to the holidays.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?