<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11.15.2002

UG!

That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling today. Very much like being asked to perform intricate physical feats while on a mild dose of horse tranquilizer. It's not really all that bad, but My mood is certainly on the side of sour, so the combination is a poor one. Particulary since it's friday. I should be all hippity hoppity, weekend's on its way, and instead I'm morbidly obsessing with this damn trip to Florida - How many people get upset about going to florida? I'ts just that logistically its a whole lot of flyin' and driving for a few days of chit chat. Tha't how I see it anyway, hopefully I'm wrong, and thee'll greet me at the airport with firetrucks and hookers. Well Firetrucks would be interesting anyway. The Library server is being very much not my friend today, I've been trying to re-index the database, which is a real nice way to say "clean it up". Usually this process takes about an hour or so. I'm heading into hour four of this task, and something seems very much not right. The thing that sucks is that the Library folks are among an elite corps of people here, who never fail to make me feel appreciated for the effort i put in for them, so it really aggravates me when I screw things up for them. Damn stupid concious. Why can't I be completely self absorbed like so many others around here? I attribute it to the last remaining vestiges of Catholic Guilt. Not a completely bad thing to have retained, but on a day like today, it only serves to enhance the inherent drudgery.


go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?