<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12.16.2002

CHRISTMAS IS COMING

Yeah, it's been coming up on me soooo fast. Spent all of Saturday with Ann cleaning and decorating the house for her office party., all went well, and it was nice to have people in the house enjoying themselves. I've been shopping my butt off online as well, pretty much everything is taken care of except for one very special gift that will have to purchased once I get to Pittsburgh, oh the fun. I am a bit concerned about UPS however, all my gifts are intransit, but once important one seems to be in limbo, and the UPS tracking site is not making me any more confident that I will have it prior to heading to the airport on Saturday. I guess that such things are inevitable, but there is nothing lamer than having to apologize for a late gift.

One of the more fun tasks I've had this season has been music related. I love giving music as a gift, as a number of people have seen first hand via my mixes. There is more of that on the way, but I also got to play vinyl detective. My father is a HUGE Jazz fan. at one time he had well over 1000 albums. That all changed when he headed west to Vegas, and handed off the bulk of his collection to an old friend (I only wish I had more foresight when that happened, and tooks some of those for myself). So My father, the hardest man to shop for is the kind of guy who gets what he wants whenever he can be specific. This year he was very specific - 5 or 6 jazz albums, almost all of which were on CD, though some were only available as imports - the last one was a bit more tricky - Rene Touzet, From Broadway to Havana - out of print for decades, and not exactly one of the best known jazz men by any stretch, after a week of persistant searching I found it, an italian pressing no less, and it's on the way. I'm very proud of myself.

The other fun, and surprisingly daunting task has been making mixes for my nieces. 8 and 5 1/2 years old. - It's amazing how much of my collection is totally unacceptable for them. Still I managed 2 CD's out of several thousand songs, so that's cool. But once they hit college, they will have uite a back catalog of tuneage.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?