<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12.05.2002

ELWYN AVENUE

That would be the street my parents' house sat on. 213 Elwyn Ave. to be precise. I spent my first 20+ years in that house. I moved out of it for good in 1992 when I rented my first apartment. In 1993 my folks sold it and moved to Las Vegas (god bless my cool parents for picking such a sweet locale for retirement). Strangely in the time since they sold it I have gone back to the old neighborhood a total of twice. Both times it was just a drive by, both times, i gave a pretty cursory glance at the state of things and drove on. I have mostly good memories from growing up in that house, in that neighborhood. Strangely I have no nostalgia for the place. Both times I have gone my the place it has done absolutely nothing to stir memories good or bad. That's not to say that I don't have memories, it's just that being in close proximity to it doesn't generate them. I can remember so much about the place in such vivid detail, that to try and describe it would be an exercise in futility, as I would surely leave out key features. I'm going back to Pittsburgh for The New Year Holiday, and I always ask myself if I am going to swing by the old home for a look see. I usually either dismiss the idea outright, or simply get distracted by other activities. Still I find myself pondering the question yeat again, and have yet to decide.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?