<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.24.2003

BOUNCING BLOG TO BLOG

I was in the midst of my morning ritual, checking out updates (or lack therof) on Dave's blog. He hadn't put anything new up so I decided, as I oft do, to jump over to some of the other blogs he links to. I have never met the authors. If Ruddy B reccomends them though, I figure that's all the endorsment I need. So I head over to the Feralboy blog, and he in turn has a link to another blog that had an interesting opinion piece on diamonds. There are some certainly valid points to the piece, and I will not deny that the trafficing of gemstones is not something that I have an extreme depth of knowledge. I have purchase a total of 3 diamonds in my life. All three now belong to my wife. Did I lose sleep wondering if my purchases helped support a corrupt regeime? If that happened every time a purchase may have a detrimental effect on the world outside, I'd be naked and insane in a cave somewhere muttering to myself how everything is gonna be ok. But to be honest here is a list of my sins. I encourage everyone to analyze ways in which they unavoidably make the world a more dangerous place.

Clove Cigarettes: The brand I smoke is of indonesian origin, so who knows what group I may be helping prop up with my habit.

I drive a Ford, so undoubtedly I am increasing tensions in my corner of the world through that association, not to mention the gas I have to put in the tank.

I have a preference for Levi Strauss and Company's jeans, but i definitely would not want a job making them.

Oh yes - two of my three computers run a Microsoft operating system, so I'm pretty sure that I am definitely going straight to the depths for that one alone.

My point is your purchases have far reaching ramifications. There is no avoiding it, and if you look hard enough, soon you will not be able to purchase anything without supporting someone else's "evil" agenda.

-I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?