<$BlogRSDUrl$>

4.28.2003

MORE LAPSES IN REGULARITY

And, no that has nothing to do woth my intake of bran. April, quite frankly, has been flying by and I am quite excited to see it heading into my rearview. Got some things accomplished:
1. - Finally painted the living/dining room - and you can tell that I have watched too much Home and Garden TV with Ann, because I ws not put off by the notion of doing a faux finish-- in 3 shades of yellow paint.
2. - Was named chair of the Technology and Distance Education Committee here at UNM-G, which is a bit terrifying, since it is no secret how much I detest meeings, it will be more than a little interesting how I do trying to preside over one.
3. - made the largest financial mistake of my professional career to date, by purchasing an inferior model of "Interactive Whiteboard". Hopefully today I will get word as to weather or not I can send them back to the distributor without losing my shirt in the process. Normally it would have been no big deal, but these little babies sat in storage for 4 months before we discovered just how crappy they are, so the distributor could come back and tell me to pound salt. Oh well, life is a never ending series of learning experiences.

Other fun stuff:
-We bought so honest to gosh Art! An abstarct Painting specifically, by an artist and co-worker of mine here at UNM. It looks wuite spectacular now that the room it is displayed in has been spruced up with some new paint of its own.
-I finally have some new specs, including my first decent pair of prescription sunglasses (not those clip on type things), This should make mountain biking a real pleasure this year, as (in case you didn't know) it gets quite sunny in these parts.
-My parents made it out for a weekend. Having my folks come out to visit is a blast. I'm not sure that it happened all at once, but over time, my parents have become some of my best friends. We hung out, I got to cook up some seriously tasty filets, we experienced the surreal that is teh Gallup Flea Market, and generally just enjoyed the company. Now I just have to find a long weekend to get out to Vegas soon, and return the favor.

I've taken some time off ffrom paying particularly close attention to the world, in an attempt to not become a complete raving maniac. I'm sure that will pass though, so stay tuned for future ranting and other assorted nonsense.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?