<$BlogRSDUrl$>

5.15.2003

CONTRADICTIONS

Regular readors of this blogspace have no doubt realized that I have developed a certain kind of relationship with my place of residence. That is to say that I don't have much good to say about it. Here's the thing. No matter how much I bitch about it, it still has one thing going for it. I LIVE HERE. This is my not so subtle way of indicating to those of you with the ability to navigate the orbitz website, to book a freaking flight already. I'll pick you up at the airport even, the two hour drive to ABQ that was oh so daunting not such a long time ago is one I can practically do in my sleep (I promise not to actually slumber though) - There is something very incomplete right now. It's like working on something, and becoming so happy with the accomplishment but not having anyone to share it with. Obviously I have Ann, but this is as much her accomplishment as it is mine, so showing it off to her is sort of redundant. So while I have to admit that Gallup is not a happening place compared to say Erie, or Youngstown, there are a few bright spots here, not the least of which (In my humbe opinion), is ME!

So while I may be derisive to New Mexico in general, and Gallup specifically, that does not mean that I am so ashamed of it that I would not want you to spend valuable vacation time to come check it out. FOR FUCK'S SAKE - I HAVE A GUEST BEDROOM - WITH A REAL BED!!!!!! NOT SOME CREAKY FUTON, OLD COUCH, OR BARE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I miss you guys.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?