<$BlogRSDUrl$>

6.01.2003

I AM NOT A CONTRACTOR

Not that anyone has ever mistaken me for one, but I had a brillliantly orchestrated reminder of that fact on the final day of May. See we have this really kick ass stove. Truly I am excited about how swank this thing is. Problem one presented itself when the happy delivery man plugged the stove in only to find out that the happy 240v outlet was not so happy after all. Problem 2 presented after he left and I decided that whilst determining how to solve problem one, I might at least hook up the gas and be able to use the rangetop. Incompatible pipe dimentsions - ackkk. So after a fine trip to see the in-laws, and a busy week of catching up with work/being sick, I decided that I would run the damn wire for the outlet myself, since I had tested the breaker and discovered that it was running to a forgotten 240v outlet hiding behind my dryer.

I knew that this task was not completely out of my leauge but would surely hold a high level of difficulty. So I gathered my wits, my notes on the proper wire to purchase and my credit card and headed off to the hardware store. After more exposure to fiberglass insulation than i would have preferred I had everything wired up and ready to go!
No Go.
Tweaked a few things, tried a few others.
No Go.
I accept the fact that since the kitchen will probably be torn up in a month or so, and since we really dont HAVE to cook anything in the oven since it's getting hot outside and inside as well, I would do well to just hook up the damn gas and cook on my stovetop.
Back to the hardware store for the proper couplings.
I got the wrong couplings.
Thinking I will have better luck at Satan Sam's HellMart, I take of in another direction.
SOL
Back to the hardware store for the third time. More couplings.
Close but no cigar. I need one more piece to this freaking appliance puzzle and then I will cook I swear to you I will COOK!
That won't be till monday though.
Let them eat cake.

go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?