<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.07.2003

REALITY CHECK

Those who know me, understand a certain fascination with the sport of football. So while I passed up most of the MNF Tampa-Indianapolis game, it should come as no shock that I had it on iin the background and managed to see the last 6 min. of regulation and overtime. It was pretty amazing. This morning I follow up on ESPN.com, and come accross this:.
Several of the Bucs players, using their alleged distaste for the "Playmakers" series and their disdain for Rush Limbaugh's remarks as a lame excuse, have opted not to speak to ESPN and ESPN.com.

Now two things come to mind when reading that one.
1. - Football players actually know crap when they see it.
2. - Football players are incredibly self centered (which to a certain degree I understand, after all, nobody interviews me every week about how I did my job.)

I suppose if this starts a trend, we can expect politicians to stop talking to NBC, because they don't like West Wing.

Nothing bothers me more than when a group rails against a television program, movie, play or book, because they do not like the way "their" group is portrayed.

Here's a little something to hold onto the next time you turn on the tube:

IT'S NOT REAL.

Seriously, even television news reporting has slowly eroded into a vapid expanse of smiling phonies trying to sound smart, without providing any information or insight into anything.
So, while I sympathize with the Tampa players who feel cheated by having invested their leisure time into such a lackluster program that is Playmakers, it's no excuse for not doing your job, which last time I checked included having some sort of rapport with the media.




go and tell me all about it
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?